At Potters Gate and St Andrews Schools, we believe that every child within Early Years has the potential to build a solid foundation of skills and knowledge to prepare them for Key Stage 1 and beyond.
Children in early years learn how to.....
- Love the love of learning
- Show respect for themselves, each other and their environment
- Learn about each other and celebrate how we are all different
- Play collaboratively, but also have opportunity to learn independently
- Be critical thinkers
- Have the confidence to try new experiences
- Build the foundations for reading and writing through learning early phonics skills
- Be mathematicians through investigation
- Know that we learn through making mistakes and trying again
- Develop a sense of belonging within our community, using our local areas such as Space2Grow, the school allotment and the local church.
- For St Andrews children to know they are part of the wider school, benefiting from the facilities at Potters Gate for Forest School, Workshops and PE.
- Experience outings outside of our local community.